When it comes to choosing a web hosting service, you have several options available at your disposal. Two of the most popular of which are the dedicated and the VPS hosting, many of which rely on cPanel and WHM as their primary control panel and dashboard.
It is important for you to understand the key differences between dedicated and VPS hosting, so that you can ensure you make the right choice.
As the term already suggests, dedicated hosting is a service that makes use of a full computing machine, which in turn, is responsible for the hosting process. In many cases, it offers better control and a more secure environment. One thing to keep in mind is that, this can be quite expensive, since a full machine needs to either be owned or rented, and the maintenance is done by the owner itself.
Dedicated hosting is a good option for enterprise-level service providers or establishments, though, as this will help them manage huge amount of data.
Here is a rundown of the benefits of dedicated hosting:
- Accessibility is one of the biggest advantages of dedicated servers, thanks to its non-shared environment. Data, websites, and processes can be accessed anytime.
- Since dedicated servers are basically single-ownership based or sole-rental, then you have the greatest amount of control. In other words, it is up to you when you want to run or stop an application.
- You can even create your own server security protocols and schemes with a dedicated server.
- Operating on dedicated servers make you a less-attractive target for cyber attacks.
- Dedicated hosting services are not susceptible to resource starvation, which is often the case with shared hosting environments.
As you can see, dedicated hosting services offer numerous benefits and attractive features that will definitely do your website a lot of good. Before you decide to get dedicated hosting services though, make sure you check out what’s in store for you when you go for VPS hosting services.
VPS (virtual private server) is a “rented” out space on a machine. You pay for a certain amount of space on the machine, and in turn, do not have to worry about the entire cost of owning/renting/maintaining a full one. This makes it more affordable than dedicated servers.
Below is a quick preview of the VPS hosting benefits:
- Basically, VPS is a more cost-effective choice for people who want more than what shared hosting can give, but do not have the financial resources to go dedicated.
- Compared to shared hosting services, VPS delivers greater stability and dependability.
- Crashes are also minimal when running on VPS hosting.
- Although you do not get the same amount of control like with dedicated services, VPS does offer more control than shared hosting.
- Waiting times are not as bad as with shared hosting.
All in all, VPS is a great choice for those who only need services for small to mid-size websites. If you do not have extremely large amounts of information to deal with, this may be a more cost-effective option for you.